Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First day of classes.


Today was great! I had my first day of classes.

After the daily routine (Wake up, shower, shave, eat) I got on the train to the campus.

My first class is english composition at 8:40 A.M. The class "theme" is Childhood and Growing Up. In this class i will learn to write clear and concise essays, use analytical thinking to revise drafts, and be able to use the skills i gain to independently write successful essays. We will be reading and discussing "Angelo's Ashes" And also write a 10 page research paper at the end of semester.

The second class is Foreign Governments and Politics. In this class, participation is a huge percent of the grade. So i will need to learn how to compare and contrast different country's governments, pick which I think works best, and use supporting evidence to argue my standpoint with the teacher, and fellow classmates.

The third class is Japanese Elements II. I am sure this will be fun, and also very helpful. As opposed to my Japanese class in America, this class will only be spoken in Japanese. I feel this immersive style, combined with me actually being in japan, is perfect for quickly learning Japanese. My forte for foreign languages will allow me to excel in this class.

At 3:40 pm after Japanese, I was done for the day. A friend and I went to Akihabara, to hit up an arcade. I know what you're thinking, but i haven't spent much money at the arcades yet and I don't plan to start. However, I am proud to say I beat a Japanese person in Street Fighter 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a huge accomplishment for me =P

Tommorow I have mathematics, at 4:40 pm. I plan to use the time beforehand to study for all of my classes. I also need to buy 4 classes worth of books. I saw the prices for some, and they are around $30 dollars. MUCH MUCH cheaper than college books in America.



College will be a challenge, but so far I am confident in my abilities to succeed. Studying diligently and raising my orginization and time management skills will prove to be very useful. I can do this, and I am excited for all of the possibilities my future holds.

And now i leave with a picture from my webcam of a hat i bought yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. The girls love the hat. Your Japanese class sounds just like the kind of class that you went there for. The rest sound great too. The price difference in books is amazing. Glad to hear the big day of classes went so well. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coolest hat we have ever seen .It sounds like you had a great first day, may the rest be the same if not better. Dad&Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You beat a asian, now we know this blog is false!! lol X_X

    ReplyDelete